Cross Country Skiing
Thanks to generous lake effect snow, Alger County offers some of the best Cross-Country Skiing in the Midwest!
- Buckhorn Ski Trail - 400 E. Munising Avenue, Munising 49862, 906-387-3700.
- Grand Marais Ski Trails - Two trails. The first is four miles east of Grand Marais on H-58 and is 25 miles of intermediate to expert trail. The second is two miles west of Grand Marais on H-58 in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and is six miles of beginner to intermediate trail. For more information contact Burt Township School, 906-494-2521, or Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Headquarters 906-387-2607, or the Grand Marais Ranger Station, 906-494-2669.
- Hiawatha Ski Trail - 400 E. Munsing Avenue, Munising 49862, 906-387-3700.
- Mckeever Hills Ski Trail - 400 E. Munsing Avenue, Munising 49862, 906-387-3700.
- Munising Ski Trails - One mile east of Munising on H-58. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore marked trails. Beginner through advanced. 11 miles of trail. Trail link-up with North Country Trail. Portion groomed and tracked. Contact Lakeshore Headquarters, 906-387-2607 or Chamber of Commerce 906-387-2138.
- Valley Spur Ski Trails - Six miles from Munising on M-94, 12 miles from Chatham. Munising Ranger District. Hiawatha National Forest. Seven trails 1.6 to 18 km. Groomed and tracked on a regular basis. 906-387-2512, or the Chamber of Commerce. 906-387-2138.